Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday, October 25th...

MONSTER WEEK HAS ARRIVED!

Today we introduced the Letter M/ Millie's Yummy Cookie Sound (basically, the sound that you would make when eating a really yummy cookie). We like to work MONSTERS into the theme! We read one of our favorite monster stories... Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly


In Arts and Crafts we made our very own BIG GREEN MONSTERS! I think the kids really had fun with this one. I noticed that ALL the kids were really involved in this project and PROUD of their work!

During MUSIC today we listened to and sang "The Monster Mash"! We also took a little extra time toread a couple more MONSTER themed books that are much better SUNG than read...

PARENT NOTES: I didn't send out a book order this month because the September book order seemed like it just arrived! I have had parents ask if they can order online and I said WHY NOT? I noticed a couple orders have already been submitted online - I will send the orders in this weekend (Sunday, most likely, so consider that the due date). If you would like to order, just follow the instructions below and check out the catalogs online. I will send home the November/December bookorder flyers as soon as they arrive - hopefully next week! Thanks!

OUR CLASS ACTIVATION CODE IS: DX48H

It's so simple! Here's how it works:
  • SIGN UP at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs. On the parent page, click the "Register" button in the "First Time Here?" section. Register for your own user name and password. When prompted, enter the one-time Class Activation Code shown above. This unique code ensures that your order is sent to me.

  • SELECT the books you'd like to order -- choose from thousands of titles -- many more than in our monthly flyers.

  • SEND your order to me online by the due date and your child's books will be delivered directly to my classroom.
Ordering online is fast, easy, and secure. If you have ANY questions about this, feel free to call me @ (801) 623-1150

If you have a little extra time, here is a fun YouTube of someone reading Go Away Big Green Monster...

No comments:

Post a Comment