Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WELCOME!

Welcome to our NEW and PRIVATE BLOG just for parents of Little Readers Preschool students. We think this will be a fun and safe way for us to share what goes on here at school. This is a great tool for you, as parents, to use to communicate with your children. As a parent myself, I have found that when asking my kids about their day at school I wasn't getting a lot of feedback.

Example:

[Mom] "What did you learn at school today"?
[Child] "Nothing".
[Mom] "You had to learn something, what did your teacher say"?
[Child] "I can't remember".
[Mom] "You must have talked about something! C'mon, what did you do today"?
[Child] "We played with toys".


Example (after reading the blog):

[Mom] "Did you like the story about the racoon you read in school today"?
[Child] "Yeah! It was really cool how he went to school at night".
[Mom] "I see that you are learning the sound that the letter C makes, can you sound it out for me"?
[Child] " (makes the sound), that's like cracking an egg".
[Mom] "Great job, I am so impressed"!

Make sense?

If you have any concerns or suggestions for this blog, please email us at littlereaderspreschool@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment